- 08/2006 - 06/2010: Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science, Manipal University, India
- 08/2010 - 04/2012: Master of Science and Engineering in Computer Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
- 08/2012 - up to now: Working at the Autonomous Intelligent Systems lab.
Full resume can be downloaded from here.
- Robust localization and mapping
- Sparse linear algebra
- Multi sensor multi object tracking
Current Research Projects
- IVIEW:Intelligente vibrotaktil induzierte erweiterte Wahrnehmung.
- AAL: Applied Research on Ambient Assisted Living.
- Using Dual-Quaternions For Computing Maximum Likelihood Maps With Gradient Descent", 2014, Master Thesis, Mohammad Chit
- Autonomous Landing of Multi-Rotors, 2014, Bachelor Thesis, Michael Rudolph
- Terrain Classification based on Traffic Participants, 2014, Bachelor Thesis, Lukas Gemein
Global Metrical Localization using Google Street View
October 2014, Field Robotics Center Seminar, CMU, Pittsburgh.
Experimental Analysis of Dynamic Covariance Scaling for Robust Map Optimization Under Bad Initial Estimates [ .pdf ]
ICRA, June 2014, Hong Kong.
Helmert's and Bowie's Geodetic Mapping Methods and Their Relationship to Graph-Based SLAM [ .pdf ]
ICRA, June 2014, Hong Kong.
Robust Map Optimization using Dynamic Covariance Scaling [ .pdf ][ .pptx ]
ICRA, May 2013. Karlruhe, Germany.
Dynamic Covariance Scaling for Robust Robot Mapping [ .pdf ][ .pptx ]
ICRA, Workshop on Factor Graphs, May 2013. Karlruhe, Germany.
Variable reordering strategies for SLAM [ .pdf ][ .pptx ]
IROS, November 2012, Vilamoura, Portugal.
- 10 April 2015: Successfully defended my PhD.
- March 2015: Submitted my PhD thesis.
- October 2014 to January 2015: Interning again at Google [X], self driving car team.
- September 2014: Survey of really old geodetic mapping methods and their relationship to graph SLAM is published in the September issueof IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine.
- June 2014: Our navigation aid for mobility impaired blind people gets some press coverage ingenieur and here.
- March 2014: "A Survey of Geodetic Approaches to Mapping and the Relationship to Graph-Based SLAM" has been accepted for Robotics and Automation Magazine.
- January 2014: 2 out of 2 papers accepted at ICRA'14.
- August 2013 to November 2013: Intern at Google [X], self driving car team.
- April 2013: I will co-organize Introduction to Mobile Robotics with Wolfram, Cyrill, Maren, Diego and Luciano.
- April 2013: DCS has been nominated for the "Best Student Paper Award" at ICRA'13.
- March 2013: DCS accepted for Workshop on Robust and Multimodal Inference in Factor Graphs, ICRA'13
- January 2013: Max-Mixture added to openslam.org
- January 2013: DCS implemented within g2o, (github - g2o/master branch).
- January 2013: DCS has been accepted for ICRA'13
- November 2012: Open source release of Max-Mixture with g2o is available here
- October 2012: I presented Variable reordering strategies for SLAM at IROS'12 held at Vilamoura, Portugal.